Why Quality Matters
Over the years we have seen a number of things done wrong, and our Omaha roofing contractors are committed to doing things the right way. The list below, though not exhaustive, provides a brief overview of some of the common things that may go wrong during a roofing installation.
- High Nailing: Nails installed above or below shingle nailing strip. High nailing can cause the shingles to not seal properly or the nails to pop out of the front of the shingle over a period of time.
- Ice and Water: No ice and water is used on eaves and valleys.
- Drip edge: No drip edge is installed on the rakes.
- Skylight: Skylights are not properly flashed.
- Flashing: Flashing is not properly overlapped around a chimney. Flashing kick outs are not installed or the runs are too short. Flashing is nailed improperly to sidewalls. Flashing is not properly installed under the siding and or house wrap.
- Pipe boots: Roofing company tries to cut corners and does not install new rubber boots around pipe penetrations.